The phrase “does not work” is not very helpful, it can mean quite a few things including:
- Your computer exploded.
- No explosion, but smoke is pouring out the back and microsoft’s “NoSmoke” utility is not compatible with your power supply.
- The computer stopped working.
- The computer sits around on the couch all day eating chips and watching talk shows.
- The computer has started picketing your house shouting catchy slogans and demanding better working conditions and an increase in memory.
- Everything went dark and you cannot check the cables on the back of the computer because the lights are off due to the power outage.
- R crashed, but the other programs are still working.
- R gave an error message and stopped processing your code after running for a while.
- R gave an error message without running any of your code (and is waiting for your next command).
- R is still running your code and the time has exceeded your patience so you think it has hung.
- R completed and returned a result, but also gave warnings.
- R completed your command, but gave an incorrect answer.
- R completed your command but the answer is different from what you expect (but is correct according to the documentation).
There are probably others. Running your code I think the answer is the last one.
— Greg Snow7
来自 R 社区论坛收集的智语